Contributing to Django money¶
Django-money is contribute-friendly project. Contributions are highly welcomed and appreciated. There is a guideline for contributing.
- All code contributions should be tested
- Code should conform to syntax conventions. There’s a
toxcommand to help fixing it:
tox -e fix-lint
- Documentation should be updated if it is required
- Put a note to the changelog.
Syntax and conventions¶
The source code should conform to PEP8 with following notice:
- Line length should not exceed 120 characters.
Running the tests¶
tox to run the tests:
$ tox -e lint,django111-py36,django111-py27 The test environments above are usually enough to cover most cases locally.
Report bugs in the issue tracker.
If you are reporting a bug, please include:
- Any details about your local setup that might be helpful in troubleshooting, specifically the Python interpreter version, Django & django-money versions.
- Detailed steps to reproduce the bug.
If you can write a demonstration test that currently fails but should pass (xfail), that is a very useful commit to make as well, even if you cannot fix the bug itself.